NCL Cruise - Norwegian Star
Woke up and we’re like Pavlovs dogs – conditioned to go to the buffet line.
Day at Sea – all day - Nothing but Ocean
- Found the gym and did a workout and also worked walked the ship – 4 laps = 1.4 miles. Been there done that!
- Observation – lots of bars and dining rooms but no 420 lounge – think we need to put a suggestion for the cruise lines to add.
- Another observation from chatting up folks at the bar – you know how some cities have hop on and hop off busses to see the city – well the cruise lines should have hop on/hop off ships to see the world.
- That night after Dinner at the buffet we saw the show – pretty good a bunch of dancers and singers called Band on the Run (BOTR).
- Day at sea – all day
- Same ole same ole – relaxing and lazy day at sea
- Saw the Matinee show – with the Duo Yalba
- Although Denise got a sun burn (wicked) and it wasn’t even very sunny.
- Activities for the day – Airplane throwing – sounds like its for toddlers but they did it for seniors – I guess since they both wear diapers its appropriate activity. (Of course I’m just goofing – my weird sense of humor)
- That night we skipped the show – it was a hypnotist show
- Day at Sea – all day
- Same ole same ole – again
- Eating, drinking and eating again
- Saw the rubberband lady show Marrambolla – a family of Russian acrobats. Instead of pole dancing they did Hula hoop dancing – I’m sure it will be the next big thing in the strip clubs.
- Note – we have not hit the casino yet.
- Back on board – we ate.
- Observed the old timers being treated like kings – Nursing Home style.
- Observation – we saw a poster that said $79 per person to take a tour of the ship. Sounds like a rip off.
- Set Sail at 5PM – The ship was Rockin and Rollin.
- That night we saw the not too funny (our opinion) comedian Fred Bevil. Although he did get some laughs from the crowd.
Day 6 thru Day 9
- Day at Sea – Nothing but Ocean
- Rough and windy – we’re rockin and rollin
- Same ole same ole – relaxing and reading books – Glenn finished a John Grisham Novel and Denise finished 3 of her books. She’s 3 times as fast as Glenn.
- Observation – Denise sees tee shirts from Crabby Bills and PJ’s seafood restaurants (Clearwater) aboard a cruise ship. How ironic that tourists advertise where they eat rather than where they travel to. Just goes to show you different forks for different folks.
- That night we saw ‘Oh What a Night” at the Stardust Theater - a tribute to Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons.
- Played Music Trivia at the Spinnaker Lounge – we lost – but came in a close 3rd - and danced or should I say shaked rattled and rolled as the boat did the same.
- Another all day at Sea
- Same ole same ole – nothing but ocean – but shaking, rattling and rolling.
- Worked out at the gym, read books, ate, drank, etc etc – the usual stuff
- Evening show was Juggler comedian – very good show.
- Walked the deck 6 laps – about 2 miles.
- Quick drink, then off to the room to read and sleep. Typical day at Sea.
- Another day at sea
- Same ole – same ole
- Gym in the morning for a quick workout
- Go some sun as the weather is starting to improve
- Drank a few beers for me and Prosecco for Denise
- Dinner – Prime Ribs at O’ Sheehan’s – not good – should’ve stuck with the Market Café buffet Line.
- Show was so-so – a tribute to Burt Bacharach – We both fell asleep.
- But afterwards we did 8 laps about 2.8 miles.
- Another day at Sea
- Same ole - same ole
- 2nd Land Ho – Punta Delgada – The Azores
Stoop-Ed Glenn in The Azores
Day 11 thru Day 14
Nothing but Ocean - All days at sea till we hit Copenhagen
Misc Photos on the Cruise
Next Stop Copenhagen - but first a short slideshow of the cruise set to music